Monday, September 5, 2011

Dinner With My Daughters

This week my vacationing daughter was back from the outer banks. I wanted to play a round of golf, so I needed to keep the meal simple. I decided to make home-made pizza. I always make my own dough which is the most important part of great pizza. I purchased an institutional size Kitchen Aid stand mixer on e-bay last year and it changed everything that I do in the kitchen. Making the pizza dough takes about 15 minutes, then you let rise.

I finished my golf then went home to roll out the dough. I had simple ingredients, can of imported diced tomatoes, lots of fresh mozzarella, some very fresh basil right out of the garden, and a small amount of lemon thyme also from the garden. Then it cooked at 450 degrees until the crust was golden brown. Now what wine to serve? That's easy, a soft Italian red. I chose a nice organically grown Montepulciano  D’Abruzzo from Costa al Sole. Another great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment